Prevention of Skin Breakdown Training Program
A CD-Rom Training program that includes everything you need.
We have done all the work for you, all you have to do is teach it.
Based upon 2009 International Pressure Ulcer Prevention Guidelines, evidence based care and AHRQ clinical practice guidelines.
All inclusive CD-Rom Training Program.
Written for any care settings - Hospitals, Long-term Care and Home Care.
PowerPoint presentation with High Resolution Wound Photos.
Everything you need to succeed is included in this 1-hour training program for prevention of pressure ulcers, diabetic, venous, and arterial ulcers, and moisture related skin breakdown.
Audience: Licensed Health Care Professionals.
Length: 1 hour.
PowerPoint Presentation Outline:
1. Common causes of skin breakdown Pressure, friction, shearing, moisture, vascular insufficiency, arterial insufficiency, diabetes, and trauma.
2. Contributing Factors to skin breakdown.
3. Determining Risk for skin breakdown.
4. Positioning Interventions.
5. Skin Care and Early Treatment Interventions.
6. Nutritional Interventions.
7. Prevention Interventions for Lower Extremity Wounds.